Advertise Only Service
Advertise your properties on major property portals exposing your property to thousands of potential tenants with ease with Harry Albert Lettings & Estates property advertising service wherever your property is in England.
Our comprehensive DIY property advertising service allows you to advertise your properties on major portals whilst retaining control of tenant referencing and selection.
You'll benefit from a personal service with someone advising you on how best to take the photographs of your property and what key information we need to craft the perfect listing for your property, unless you'd rather do it yourself, of course! We will then take all of this, the description, the photographs and all other information we need, and upload the listing to our website as well as all major property portals including OnTheMarket.com, TheHouseShop.com and many more.
So, if you want affordable property advertising at a low cost, you're in the right place. Not only do we provide a more comprehensive service than our competitors including Upad, OpenRent and NoAgent but we also allow you to advertise your home for six months instead of just three!
We will need:
- Landlord contact details.
- The full address of the property to let.
- Details of the rent, deposit and any other upfront fees you will charge tenants to move into the property.
- How frequent you expect rent payments to be made (eg: weekly, monthly).
- Number of Bedrooms.
- Date when the property will become available.
- The type of property (house, flat, room, bungalow, retail unit, warehouse, etc.)
- The type of tenancy (whether you're looking for long-term, short-term tenants, students or if the property is a commercial let)
- A summary description of your property in less than 300 characters (we can do this for you)
- An informative property description.
- A list of key features of the property.
- Clear, high quality photographs of every room of the property.
- Clear, high quality photographs of the exterior of your property.
- Details of payment terms, deposit protection membership information and type of tenant desired.
- A copy of your most recent Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), dated within the last ten years.
Don't worry if it seems like a lot, we've made the process easy with a quick form to fill in which will be made available to you once you complete Step 1 below.
Advertise and let your property in five easy steps
Step 1: Contact Us
To get the ball rolling, you need to contact us either by phone or email. You could write and send us a letter the old fashioned way but we can't guarantee a fast response. However, if you do need any alternative formats of communication, do let us know and we will try our best to accommodate your needs.
We'll have an informal chat, find out more about your property and the types of tenant you want and what your needs are as a landlord. We will then make the interactive form available for you to fill in and send back as well as provide details on how to upload your photographs.
Step 2: Listing Creation
Now, you can just sit back, relax and wait for the good times to roll.
From the information and photos, along with our own local research, we will craft a professional listing. We will fix any grammar or spelling errors if any and upload the listing to our website whilst we wait for usually up to 24 hours for properties to appear on the major property portals. We will make sure it is legally compliant, clear and appropriately marketed towards your target tenants.
Step 3: Tenant Enquiries
A short time after your advert is uploaded to our website, it will be on all the UK’s main property sites including OnTheMarket. It shouldn't take long before we start receiving enquiries.
Depending on the level of service you choose will depend on whether you should make time in your diary for call backs. We can either forward all enquiries on to you or we can screen enquiries and forward suitable enquiries to you.
Step 4: Choose Your Perfect Tenant
Now, we've filtered through the enquiries and you think you've found the one.
It's time to begin the tenant screening process to ensure everything is as you hope it is and nothing is amiss. It wouldn't be the smartest move to take the potential tenant at their word without carrying out any background checks.
Again, depending on the level of service you have chosen, we can assist with tenant screening for a nominal fee payable by you, the landlord. This will not include the referencing fees we charge onto the tenant.
When screening your tenant, you want to interview the tenant, you want to carry out an employers reference, a landlord reference (preferably not their current landlord) and a personal reference. You'll also want to carry out an affordability check, a credit check and a background check. You're also legally required to ensure the tenants are allowed to rent in this country by doing a Right to Rent Check. You'll want to carry out these checks for anybody moving in with the tenant who is over the age of eighteen.
Step 5: Checking the tenant in.
So, you've selected your ideal tenant and you're looking forward to them moving in. There are many landlord obligations and other landlordy stuff you must adhere to and bear in mind. Including:
- You'll want to draw up a tenancy agreement and carry out an inventory and have the tenant sign both of these, the inventory should be signed to state it is a fair and accurate representation of the property and any furnishings, if any.
- Deposit registration and protection.
- Serving legally prescribed information at the start of the tenancy including the Government's How to Rent guide and a valid copy of the Gas Safety Certificate carried out within the last 12 months to the tenant.
Now you're all set!
Now your tenant is successfully moved in, you can sit back and relax and let the rent roll in and taking care of the day to day tasks of being a DIY landlord which in itself is usually a full-time job.
As above, we can carry out many services to assist you in finding your perfect tenant, from arranging professional property photography to drafting tenancy agreements to carrying out tenant screening and selection. We can also take and register tenant deposits and serve the prescribed information. There will be extra fees payable by the landlord for these services. However, if you want us to carry out all of the tasks and evidence listed above, including carrying out professional property photography and crafting the entire listing from scratch, it may be more worthwhile to undertake our let-only service depending on where your property is in the country (we can offer let only and comprehensive property management services in the Midlands and East Anglia).
Initial Set Up Fee: £49
The set up fee for our advertise only service is only £49 to advertise for up to six months or until your property is let. However, because of the bespoke nature of this service, if you require any further assistance beyond Step 1, please get in touch and we can provide an accurate fee for any extra services you require.
If we feel you will make savings using our Let Only service or another service appears more suitable, we will discuss this with you. Where you have paid any set up fees already, these will be discounted from the set up fee of the Let Only service (you can find a full breakdown of our let only and fully managed serviced fees here.